Ikubese Emmanuel is Nigerian who hails from Ukwani Local Government Area in Delta state. Born in Ajegunle, Lagos State on the 12th of August 1988 to Mr. & Mrs. Ikubese, he is the first child of three children.
He is a graduate of International Relations from the United States International University, Nairobi, Kenya. This is also where his journey to fame started; he participated in the Mr. & Mrs. USIU contest. Although he did not win, this contest served as a platform for him to run as the president of International students’ club. His service as the president of the club exposed him to many community service opportunities. During this time, he also organized many cultural events at his school.
Emmanuel is a multi-talented person; he is a singer, actor, TV host, and model. He learned most of these while he worked with his mum at her entertainment company in Nigeria. After winning the first edition of United States International University's Pop Idol competition, this further exposed him to several opportunities such as:
- Representing his school as a delegate at various international programs like the Harvard Model United Nations conference in Boston, United States of America and the junior chambers international conference in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Performing at various shows with popular Nigerian and East African media acts such as Wyre, Redsan, Darey, Basketmouth, Chidinma, D banj, Cecile, and Chris Martin.
- He recorded songs with Timaya and other top African acts.
- He also rocked several runways as a model including the prestigious FAFA (Fashion for peace), a charity event that brought top designers and models in Africa and its Diaspora to Kenya. He took part for about three editions on the show.
- Emmanuel showcased his acting prowess while playing the role of FEMI in the Award winning MTV Base drama series, 'SHUGA' that took Africa and the entire world by storm.
Shuga is an awareness project that got millions of young people talking about HIV/AIDS prevention. This significantly helped reduce the stigma of people living with HIV and AIDS. As an ambassador of the Shuga project, he has been privileged to travel to different continents of the world, speaking to young people and promoting the prevention of HIV/AIDS, and the effective use of condoms amongst young people. On this project, he worked with Lupita Nyongo, Banky W, Wizkid, Ice prince etc.
In December 2013, Emmanuel relocated back to Nigeria and has since continued to act several lead roles in movies. However, he decided to try out something different to enable him represent his country, Nigeria. He participated in the Mr. Nigeria 2014 contest and emerged as the winner in April 2014. This led him to the next step which was to represent Nigeria at the Mr. World 2014 contest in Torbay, England. At this contest, he emerged as the First Runner up, Mr. World 2014. He also won the Fashion and Style Award. Emmanuel is the first African to reach the position of the Second most desirable man in the contest and Mr World Africa.